The 10 BEST Tips For Straight Natural Hair at Home EVER!. WATCH IN HD!!
It's straightening season and its time to get equipped with...
The 10 BEST Tips For Straight Natural Hair at Home EVER!
1)Shampoo twice--removes all products for light weightless hair
2)Use a quality deep conditioner. Not vo5 or suave but a product meant to be left in hair for at least 15 minutes to really moisturize hair. Using heat will make your results more evident.
3) use a liquid leave in--if any at all. Yes, it sounds cray but that's why your deep conditioner is so important. All your moisture will come from that important step. I only use aPhogee keratin & green tea Reconstructerizer for strength and protection. It also makes your hair dry ALOT faster without the hinderance of multiple products drying. mins or less. And let go of the foaming wrap or setting lotion. Totally and utterly unnecessary if you plan on flat ironing your hair.
4) roller set over blow drying. Yes, it'll lengthen your wash day but it'll also lengthen your straight results. Blow drying evaporates all the moisture infused into the hair while roller sets not only stretches the hair but retains moisture. Since I've started roller setting before flat ironing, my straightened hair days are silkier, moisturized and doubled. Plus, you decrease the amount of direct heat put on the strands.
5) wrap rollers with paper towels. It's one of the most helpful tips that I picked up from sistawithlonghair. It really helps grip and holds hair taut helping achieve a smooth set. If you find grabbing and smoothing hair difficult, this lil trick makes a world of difference
6) please use a quality flat iron. You don't have to spend a grip on something fancy but that drugstore flat iron won't give you the safest and silkiest results. Because of their make, they'll singe the hair and because most won't have a temperature gauge, there'll be no clue what setting the hair is being flat ironed. I have the HAI convertible flat iron. I got it from folica.com at a wicked steal price.
7) use the brush chase method. A boar bristle brush is a god send for silky flat iron results. Every strand is being smoothed giving feather light results never before experienced.
8) if excellent results are wanted then small sections are a must. It makes sure every strand is smoothed and and straightened. It's also the best way to do one pass straightening. Going over a section more than once isnt necessary when using small sections.
9) hair serum is your protective friend. Make sure it coats every strand to prevent reversion and heat damage. Don't go overboard unless greasy hair is the goal but do section hair in 4 and use a quarter size amount on each quadrant, rub hands together and use one to massage serum into the roots then run again and apply to length of hair. It's your choice to use wet or dry. The amount of shine that'll be achieved will astound you. I've rediscovered Creme of Nature Argan oil gloss & shine polisher and I looooove the results and the smell. I use on dry hair before flat ironing.
10) when showering, wrap hair with a towel THEN use a plastic cap. Showers can be scary in fear of frizzing perfect results but what the towel does is protect and absorb any moisture that'll occur. So, grab a turbie twist and shower fear free.
This video is NOT sponsered. All products, reviews and opinions are my own.
M U S I C
“You” by Baynes
P R O D U C T I O N
F O L L O W
Instagram | @Moiyshee
I appreciate ya!
Tags: The 10 BEST Tips For Straight Natural Hair at Home EVER!, natural hair, straight natural hair, how to, how to straighten, top ten tips, straight natural hair at home, burgundy natural hair, best tips for straight hair, 4a hair, 4b hair, 4c hair, flat iron natural hair, flat iron at home, Best, Ever, kinky hair, moiyshee